Tuesday, August 7, 2012

First post

This is my first foray into blogging so I thought I'd focus on two topics close to my heart and the connection between them. For the past six years I've been studying and working on immigration  issues (migration to be more accurate) in Costa Rica, Chile and Spain. Now I've just moved back to my native California to continue  working and studying in the field.
My background is in the study of globalization, that is, the idea of deeper or thicker flows of transactions involving goods, ideas, capital and people.  I felt that the most poignant element is and will be the flow of people. This blog will be dedicated to exploring some of these issues in a relatively free flowing style (something like musings, observations and rants) but with some simulacrum of narrative arc. As I mentioned, this is my first shot at blogging so bear with me  as I figure this out and this evolves into something that is hopefully interesting and useful in the ongoing dialog surrounding globalization and immigration.

No comments:

Post a Comment